The process of becoming an entrepreneur has never been nor will ever be easy.
However, if you are passionate about what you do and have experience, you can be successful.
In this episode of Your Financial Advocate, Greg DuPont sits down with Dr. Bimbo Welker to talk about his experience after leaving his role as the director of Veterinary Medicine at the Ohio State University to start his own food animal and equine veterinary services business in his 60s.
Dr. Welker discusses:
- His background as a veterinary professional for 30 years
- His experience after leaving his job in the academic world and starting Welker Veterinary Services
- The steps he had to take to start this business without any prior experience
- The economic differences between working for someone versus being a solo practitioner
- The importance of liking what you do
- His company’s present and future plans
- And more!
Connect with Gregory DuPont:
- DuPont Wealth Solutions
- (614) 408-0004
- LinkedIn: Gregory DuPont
Connect with Dr. Bimbo Welker:
About our guest:
Dr. Bimbo Welker is a 1980 DVM graduate of Texas A&M University and completed an MS in Veterinary Clinical Sciences at Ohio State in 1984. Dr. Welker has worked as a Clinical Associate Professor in the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine based at the Marysville clinic providing clinical service and teaching since 1991. After 28 years of providing veterinary service to the Marysville community, he retired from the OSU Large Animal ambulatory clinic in 2019 to found Welker Veterinary Services.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed