Education is an essential part of life and college is a necessity for most of us to build a successful career.
Hence, families should prepare financially for the process of applying to college and not wait until the last minute.
In this episode of Your Financial Advocate, Greg DuPont chats with Ann Garcia, author of How to Pay for College, about different ways to save for college and important things to know while financing tuition payments as we are on the verge of FAFSA season.
- What motivated her to write the book: How to Pay for College
- A brief overview of the financial aid process
- Her tips for families who don’t know how to start the process of college
- Why open a 529 plan and contribute to it constantly.
- Why approximately a quarter of students are not applying for any financial aid
- The college planning process information you can find on her website
- The importance of parents being involved in the entire education process of their children
- And more!
Connect with Gregory DuPont:
Connect with Ann Garcia:
About Our Guest:
Ann Garcia is a CFP® and owner of Independent Progressive Advisors, a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor in Portland, Oregon, and the author of How to Pay for College and The College Financial Lady blog. Her blog has approximately 15,000 subscribers in various media. In addition, she is regularly in national media (New York Times, US News & World Report) on college planning. She earned a BA from the University of California.